Restaurant Wannee is named after Ms. Cornelia Johanna Wannée. Ms. Wannée taught cooking and gastronomy at the “Amsterdamse Huishoudschool” at the Vondelpark in Amsterdam. They represented the development of female education with the goal of economic independence for women. Ms. Wannée showed the value of healthy, tasteful cooking and became the portrait behind the Dutch food culture.
The philosophy of Restaurant Wannee is based on Dutch Cuisine. Dutch Cuisine is a five principle based manifesto created by SVH Masterchef Albert Kooy;
- Culture - we show what beautiful ingredients and traditions we have in the Dutch Cuisine.
- Health - our dishes are based on vegetables, healthy for the planet and the people.
- Nature - natural products and ingredients without chemical additions.
- Quality - the best quality with respect for the products and producers.
- Value - respecting the earth as commissioner with the mindset of no waste.
Every month our chefs create a new menu under these principles; representing the season with vegetables from the cold soil and the meat or fish as a garnish. For a quick lunch or dinner we have a selected a la carte menu with favorites such as a salad or fried eggs.
With our “all-day dining” concept we are always open, seven days a week from breakfast until dinner.