Vacancy Night Audit
Night Auditor/Practical Instructor
Core Tasks and Responsibilities
- Leads a team of young professionals, responsibly in front office and night audit tasks, provides services to guests, luggage handling, monitors safety, and conducts night audit duties.
- Audit and balance reports from the day shifts.
- Assisting in the formulation of schedules for young professionals, and ensuring that all shifts are covered;
- Conducting assessments, orientation and providing the necessary training's for young professionals.
- Provides information and service to guests such as:
- General and touristic information, information about public transportation, restaurants, theaters, etc.;
- Wake-up calls, ordering of taxi, theater cards, etc.;
- Restaurant reservations, selling of souvenirs, the provision of small consumption articles such toothbrushes, sewing kits, etc.;
- Receiving and transferring of messages of guests;
- Taking complaints/requests, trying to solve these by oneself or transferring it to the relevant person on shift.
- Processes payments using (automated) PMS system. If necessary booking the external services offered to guests under the relevant Guest Account. Transfers of the cash register at the end and justification of funds received as well as credit card payments.
- Operates the switchboard; answering and transferring of calls to guests or internal employees. Receives and addresses visitors and bring them into contact with guests and internal employees.
- Advises on improvement proposals and changes in working methods to manager, with regards to procedures, upgrading of equipment, etc., based on practical experience and suggestions from guest.Additional activities include:
- Typing of various documents, such as invoices and confirmation letters
- Taking care of the outgoing mail (in part);
- Additional tasks can be assigned by direct supervisor.
- Prepares and provide education as part of the educational curriculum of the International Hospitality Program.
- Executing and overseeing practical activities by providing technical instructions
- Coaching various groups in which the Module Coordinators (General Manager, Human Resource Manager and Learning and Development Manager) carries the final responsibility.
- Coaching individual students (focused on vocational training).
- Submitting assessment and evaluations of the student body.
- Transferring knowledge and skills to students.
- Managing materials.
- Providing advice to the management team concerning the setup of the technical site.
- Updating (under the direction of a Department Head) the educational materials used.
- Preparing practical assignments in consultation with the Department Head and Module Coordinators.
- Preparing user manuals and implementing guidelines that provides the specification the product is meant to meet.
- Organizational activities
- Improving service by communicating and assisting young professionals to understand guest needs, providing guidance.
- Setting a positive example for young professionals.
- Empowering young professionals to provide excellent customer service.
Profile and Competencies
- Bachelor degree in Hospitality management
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in related field
- Excellent knowledge of the English and Dutch languages (speaking, writing)
- Guest oriented and communication competencies
- Problem solving competencies
- Representative and flexibility competencies
Contract: 1 fte
Salary: €1.800,00 till €2.236,00 /month