Vacancy Reservations Officer
Reservations Officer/Practical Instructor
Core Tasks and Responsibilities
- Books individual and/or group reservations for hotel rooms, and meeting rooms and processes reservations from the Catering and Restaurant departments. This includes
- Processing requests using the property management system and guidelines on optimization of room revenue; explore the possibility to fulfill the wishes of potential guests with respect to number of persons, date, etc.;
- Informing guests, tour operators, agents on requests, and the possibilities;
- Preparation of proposals, if necessary (within the guidelines regarding discounts, etc.);
- Placing all requests into the property management system, including the specialties.
- Handles outstanding bookings as well as subsequent changes. This includes:
- Confirming tentative reservations with guests in a timely manner;
- Making the subsequent changes (i.e. cancellations, over-booking, etc.) within the agreed parameters;
- Identifying and transferring the cancellation costs to the finance and administration department for billing.
- Provides diverse overviews with regards to reservations, room occupancy, room turnover, etc.
- Additional tasks can be assigned by direct supervisor.
- Prepares and provide education as part of the educational curriculum of the International Hospitality Program.
- Coaching individual students (focused on vocational training).
- Submitting assessment and evaluations of the student body.
- Transferring knowledge and skills to students.
- Updating (under the direction of a Department Head) the educational materials used.
- Preparing practical assignments in consultation with the Department Head and Module Coordinators.
- Improving service by communicating and assisting young professionals to understand guest needs, providing guidance.
- Setting a positive example for young professionals.
- Empowering young professionals to provide excellent customer service
Profile and Competencies
- Bachelor degree in Hospitality management.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in related field.
- Excellent knowledge of the English and Dutch languages (speaking, writing).
- Guest oriented and communication competencies.
- Flexibility competencies.
- Meticulous and problem-solving competencies.
Contract: 1 fte
Salary: €2.000,00 till €2.200,00 /month